The fastest way to plan, design and ensure Carrier-Grade Wi-Fi
When it comes to planning and designing indoor Wi-Fi networks, three of the largest challenges companies face are: 1) the time and money required to deploy networks, 2) guaranteeing network quality to keep the end users satisfied, and 3) ensuring simple maintenance and upgrades in the future.
iBwave Wi-Fi Suite is a powerful platform that solves all of these challenges by providing you with a powerful Wi-Fi network planning and design solution which significantly reduces deployment times, ensures carrier-grade Wi-Fi, and simplifies future maintenance and upgrade activities. With iBwave you also get access to iBwave’s certification program to instill proficiency and best practices for your entire team.
iBwave WiFi Suite
Streamline your Wi-Fi network planning and design with the iBwave Wi-Fi Suite
The iBwave Wi-Fi Suite gives you a radically more productive and collaborative way to work on Wi-Fi network design projects. With cloud connectivity across all products in the suite, projects can be easily opened in any of the products, any time. Start a survey and design on-site using iBwave Wi-Fi® Mobile on your tablet. Save it to the cloud so you or your team can easily open the files and complete the design in stunning 3D using the more powerful PC version, iBwave Wi-Fi®. When ready, send the project to your customer who can easily open and review it in iBwave Viewer, a simplified read-only version of the software for customers. The result? Easier collaboration, more productivity and happier customers.
iBwave WiFi Mobile
Take iBwave Wi-Fi Mobile on-site to survey, design, validate and share your Wi-Fi networks. Do active and passive surveys, capture site aesthetics to geo-located pushpins on the floorplan, start your design as you walk the site and then save all your files to the cloud for you or your team to open, model and design on the PC with the more powerful iBwave Wi-Fi.
Easily assess a network’s performance
Set your laptop down and take iBwave Wi-Fi® Mobile on-site with you to assess the network’s throughput and signal levels with active and passive surveys.
- Active Surveys - Use our integrated server to quickly spot check a network’s throughout with an active survey.
- Passive Surveys - Conduct a start-stop survey to collect the network’s signal levels. Don’t worry about lost data, all measurements are auto-saved as you go.
- Seamlessly integrate with iBwave Wi-Fi® - Save your survey data to the cloud and easily open them in your project in our PC version, iBwave Wi-Fi®.
Quickly capture site visuals with your tablet
With iBwave Wi-Fi Mobile, you can capture the aesthetics of the site as you go by using your tablets camera to take photos and videos that are automatically saved to geo-located push pins on the floor plan. You can also annotate each image to draw cabling routes, mark construction obstacles and clarify installation instructions.
- Capture site visuals from within the app - Launch your smartphone or tablet’s camera directly from within the app to capture images, videos and audio notes to geo-located push pins on the floor plan.
- Annotate images to clarify instructions and reduce post-installation troubleshooting - Annotate site images with cable routes and installation notes to clarify installation for the install team.
- Provide a detailed annotations report - Generate an annotations reports that contains all captured documentation (images, notes, etc.) in one comprehensive document for the installation team.
Start the Wi-Fi network design on-site
Reduce the risk of costly re-design work post-installation by starting the Wi-Fi network design on-site using your tablet. Use Auto-AP placement or manually drag and drop access points onto the floor plan. Run prediction on-the-spot to get an idea of how your network will perform when installed.
- Place Access Points and Network Equipment - Select accurately-modeled access points, network and installation equipment from our database of components and drag and drop them onto the floor plan. Alternatively, run Automatic Access Point Placement and then edit placement as you go.
- Run prediction on-the-spot - Get an idea of how your design may perform by running prediction as you design (RSSI, Capacity, Throughput, SNR, Overlap Zone).
- Open and continue the design in iBwave Wi-Fi - Save your preliminary design to the cloud and then open it in the more powerful PC version, iBwave Wi-Fi®, to finish the more detailed design in 3D.
Easily collaborate on projects via the cloud.
Never worry about how to share project files again - with iBwave Wi-Fi Mobile you get 10GB of storage in the iBwave Cloud to centralize all of your information.
- Save all survey information to the cloud - Save your project and all related documentation (survey results, design, images, videos, annotations) in a single file to the cloud where a colleague can access them and open them in either iBwave Wi-Fi or iBwave Wi-Fi Mobile.
- Access your projects anywhere, anytime - Don’t worry about having to locate the files next time you are back at the site to validate the design or upgrade the network – they will be in the cloud and available to be accessed from anywhere, anytime.
- Always have access to the most recent files - With storage in the cloud you don’t have to worry about keeping track of versions – versions are tracked and the most recent one will always be available to you or your teammates when you need it.
Easily validate a design and send your customer a close-out package.
Take iBwave Wi-Fi Mobile back on-site with you to validate the performance of the network. Run an active survey and have the design file with you in the case any issues arise and troubleshooting is required.
- Verify data throughput with an active survey - Run an active survey with our integrated server to verify the performance of the network design post-installation. Easily troubleshoot any issues with your design file open on the tablet.
- Send a close-out package to your customer - enerate a close-out package with all the important project information for your customer to have on file for future maintenance and upgrade needs. Customers can easily view all files using our read-only iBwave Viewer (think Adobe Reader for designs.)
iBwave Wi-Fi for PC
iBwave Wi-Fi is our powerful PC-based 3D Wi-Fi network planning and design solution. Use it in conjunction with iBwave Wi-Fi Mobile or on its own to do active and passive surveys, model venues in stunning 3D, design from a full database of accurately-modelled network components (APs, cables, controllers, routers, switches), calibrate prediction with survey data, and run key project reports for your installation team and customers.
With cloud-connectivity, seamless integration with iBwave Wi-Fi® Mobile, active and passive surveys, advanced 3D modelling, a full database of all network parts and powerful prediction capabilities for coverage, throughput and capacity, iBwave Wi-Fi is the most productive and collaborative way to plan, design and deliver high-performance Wi-Fi networks.
iBwave Wi-Fi eliminates many of the design process inefficiencies that exist today so you can recognize revenues sooner, grow your project pipeline faster and your customer saves time and money.
- Active Surveys with an integrated server. Assess a network’s performance without using iPerf or another third-party tool. Simply launch the ‘Active Survey’ server from your desktop and then survey with either the mobile app or PC version.
- A Complete Bill of Materials. With the ability to design your entire network with APs, cabling and network equipment, you can quickly generate an accurate bill of materials for your customer.
- Auto-AP Placement and Auto-Channel Assignment. Use the optional AP placement in either the mobile app or PC version to quickly start your Wi-Fi network design. Freely move, delete or add APs around the floor plan to get the design just right. Quickly assign each AP in your design to a channel with the auto-channel assignment functionality - then update channels if/where needed.
- Automatic Error Checking and Warnings. View a design debug list as you complete your design in iBwave Wi-Fi®. Customize what is a warning, what is an error and set your own thresholds to trigger the messages.
- Cloud-connectivity to easily share files. Easily share files with your team and with your customers by using the free 10GB of storage in the iBwave cloud to save and access files from anywhere, anytime.
- Multi-adapter Passive Survey. Use of several Wi-Fi adapters to collect survey data. Each of them can be configured to scan a certain band, specific channels or groups of channels. Decrease time to collect data when tasks are distributed among the adapters.
Collaborate more easily via the cloud
iBwave Wi-Fi provides you with a cloud-connected solution that makes it easy for teams and customers to share files and work together.
- Cloud connectivity. Save your projects to the cloud so you and your team can access your projects from anywhere, anytime.
- Seamless connectivity with iBwave Wi-Fi® Mobile. Work on your designs from either your tablet or PC knowing your files will always be accessible from both.
- Share projects with your customers with iBwave Viewer. Send your design to your customers for review via a secure link so they can open it up in iBwave Viewer and provide you with feedback.
Design detailed networks in advanced 3D with prediction
With the ability to model your venues in 3D and a large database of all Wi-Fi network components, you can impress your customer with a 3D visual of what the network will look like in their venue, and how well it will perform.
- Components Database of accurately modelled vendor network components. Drop accurately-modeled access points and network equipment (antennas, cables, routers, controllers, switches, miscellaneous). Call us to add parts as you need them or add them yourself.
- Advanced 3D Modelling. Import floor plans in AutoCAD, PDF or any image file to model your buildings in a CAD-powered modelling engine. Draw walls, floors, horizontal and inclined surfaces. Assign materials from an extensive database of materials - or by adding your own material. View the model in the 3D viewer and watch it come to life.
- View prediction and design details in 3D. View prediction and the placement of your components from floor-to-floor throughout the venue. See how they connect and show your customer exactly what the network will look like once it is implemented.
- Adjust 3D view layers. In the 3D modeller, you can adjust all planes of your design (x,y,z) to view your building as a whole or floor by floor. You can also adjust visible layers to choose what you are looking at: cabling, APs, network equipment, prediction). Zoom in, walk through and pan your design and export an image to include in reports or send to your customer.
Increase design quality with powerful prediction & capacity planning
With the iBwave Wi-Fi advanced propagation and capacity analysis engine you drastically reduce the risk of network re-design costs post-installation by accurately simulating the performance of your network before it’s deployed.
- Calibrate Prediction Results with Survey Measurements. Calibrate prediction with your survey measurements to increase the accuracy of the network’s predicted performance. Calibrate all coefficients or just material coefficients, and then save the model to apply to similar environments in future projects.
- Fast Ray Tracing Prediction Engine. Run fast ray tracing prediction to assess how your network and assigned materials will perform once installed. Consider walls, horizontal surfaces and inclined surfaces - either imported and modelled in 3D or drawn manually with built-in modelling tools.
- VLPE Prediction Engine. Save the time you usually spend on modelling venues by using our patented propagation engine to use density zones instead of walls to capture and model the environment characteristics of a venue. Run this prediction both in the mobile app or PC version.
- Capacity Analysis Engine. Simulate the traffic usage on your network with the most advanced capacity analysis tool on the market. Define capacity by technology, users, applications and capacity hotspot zones.
- Output Maps. Assess a network’s coverage performance with the RSSI, CCI, Best AP, Best Channel, Overlap Zone and Maximum achievable data rate maps. Then assess the network’s capacity performance with the Capacity and Average downlink data rate maps to show the user’s network experience.
Quickly generate key project reports
Quickly generate key project reports to distribute to your internal and external stakeholders.
- Equipment List & Cost Details
- Access Points, Cable Routing & Cross-reference
- Annotations, Survey Data, Output Maps & Prediction vs. Measured Data
- Electromagnetic Field (EMF)
iBwave Viewer is a free, simplified and read-only version of iBwave Wi-Fi your customers can download to review any project design files you send them and run their own reports.
Here's what you can do with Viewer
- Open and view design projects via the Cloud as read-only
- Always stay connected to your projects via the cloud. Share projects in read-only mode. When you want to share a project with your customer, share it from iBwave Design and they will be sent a direct link to the project. The project will open in Viewer in read-only mode.
- View design plans by building or floor. When a project opens it will display the cover page, design plan for the building, and the design for each floor plan.
- Select visible layers. Select what layers of the design to view for each floor plan (examples: view with prediction/without prediction, view with parts/without part, etc).
- Select visible output maps. Let your customer select which output map they want to see for each floor plan. (examples: view overlap zone, CCI, SNR, etc).
- Export Project. Your customer can export individual floor plan designs or the entire plan to an image file.